The Africa Smart Meter Association is a Professional Association of establishments, Vendor representatives, Standard setting bodies and utilities in Africa that defines specifications, sets the standards, and forms smart meter implementation strategies in Africa with clear focus on Water, Electricity Oil and Gas.
Electricity and water meters are the ‘cash registers’ of the power and water sector. Without efficient metering, African utilities will not have the necessary funds to invest sufficiently in their grids.
Why we formed the association;
Most of the smart meter implementations in almost all African countries are very patchy – there is no implementation uniformity. This inconsistency is a result of poor standardization, which inhibits growth. The reason for this is that the industry itself is fragmented. There is no cohesion among suppliers nor the implementing utilities. Therefore the association will endeavor to do the following:
- To coordinate the search for knowledge and latest development in the technical, legal, administrative and economic fields for Smart meters technology supply and installation,
- To promote the exchange of information on methods, processes and procedures of Smart Meter technology and deployment
- A collaborative environment would bring all experts together to agree on relevant contextual strategies and solutions.
- A partnership of stakeholders would enable the sharing of know-how and acceptance of relevant definitions and technical requirements with a clear definition of Smart Meters will be an Added Advantage.
About the Organization
This is an association of all players in the delivery and support of metering solution in the country and in Africa at large. What you can’t measure can’t get done. The association is coming together to serve all players who want their services to be metered both as regulation and as per wish . We wish to interact with players in the water sector, electricity, Oil and Gas ,Solar and Pay as you Go solutions in the country and in Africa at large .
We have a conference slated for October 19th 2021 at Movenpick hotel where we will bring all players in the metering sector from across Africa together. Our partners and leaders will also will come from several countries and even in Europe. The Conference will be the launch of the association and will bring all the players in the water, energy and Oil and Gas from Africa. We will also introduce new concepts and technologies in the market. 99% of our meters are imported therefore is need to drive our members to invest in technologies that help manufacture the meters locally.
Benefits to members
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on events, webinars and consultancy services offered by the association
- Access to reliable and timely content all from meetings, courses and plenaries.
- Online only access to ASMA metering monthly publications
- Fee reduction for ASMA meetings
- Priority level status for meeting space/seats assignment at the annual ASMA Conference.
- 10% discount off exhibit booth rates at the ASMA Annual Conference
- 10% discount off selected advertising opportunities
- Up to 50% off the cost of job postings on the ASMA job board
- Policy development and influence – As part of ASMA you have the
- Opportunity to engage in ASMA’s policy work streams. Don’t follow the debate, join it! Set the agenda and make it global.
Annual turnover exceeding 1b in revenue
Joining cost Ksh 100,000
Annual turnover of more than Ksh 1 billion
Joining cost Ksh 100,000
Annual turnover of less than 100 million
Joining fee Ksh 50,000
Annual turnover of less than 50 million
Joining fee Ksh 30,000
Joining fee Ksh 10,000